On behalf of the East Aiken School of the Arts faculty, staff, and administration, it is my pleasure to welcome you to East Aiken School of the Arts! At East Aiken School of the Arts, we are committed to our purpose of Accommodating differences, Revealing a passion for learning, Teaching appreciation, and Stimulating creativity (A.R.T.S.)! We believe the arts are an integral part of the academic curriculum; the arts benefit students of all learning styles and abilities; and all students are entitled to a comprehensive and sequential arts education program. Students learn life skills that enable them to become more creative and productive citizens through the arts. We welcome parent participation and support during the school year and look forward to working with you to ensure success for all our students. We trust that your experience at East Aiken School of the Arts will be a rewarding and successful one as we continue to Strive for Academic Excellence through the Arts!
Lisa Fallaw, Principal
Christin Sosa, Assistant Principal
Pre-Registration for the 2016-2017 School Year
Students NEW to East Aiken School of the Arts
If you are new to our school, please pre-register your student prior to August 2016. You may pre-register your child at East Aiken School of the Arts in the front office between 8 a.m. - 1 p.m. any school day.
Please bring the following items with you to pre-register your student for the 2016-17 school year:
- Two forms of proof of residence, which would be your choice of your most recent copy of your water bill, power bill, the lease or purchase agreement for your home, a mortgage statement, or a property tax receipt for your home. These documents must be in the parent's name.
- Your child's original certified birth certificate
- Your child's most recent immunization record
Please make sure you bring all of the required documents with you. Incomplete registration will not be accepted and will require you to make a second trip to school.
Registration Day for the 2016-2017 School Year
Registration for all students (new and returning) will be on Tuesday, August 9th from 12:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- May 20th: Kindergarten End of the Year Program at 1:00 p.m.
- May 23rd: 4K End of the Year Program at 1:00 p.m.
- May 24th: Field Day 5K-2nd grades
- May 25th: Field Day 3rd-5th grades
- May 30th: No School-Memorial Day
- May 31st: Half-Day Students Dismiss at 11:00 a.m.
- 1st grade Awards Day 8:15 a.m.
- 2nd grade Awards Day 9:30 a.m.
- June 1st: Half-Day Students Dismiss at 11:00 a.m.
- 3rd grade Awards Day 8:00 a.m
- 4th grade Awards Day 9:30 a.m.
- June 2nd: Last Day of School Students Dismiss at 11:00 a.m.
- 5th grade Awards Day 8:30 a.m.
Congratulations to Jessica Cutler, 5th grade science and social studies teacher, for being named East Aiken School of the Arts’ First Year Teacher of the Year. We are so proud of you!
Congratulations to Lisa Francis, our bookkeeper/secretary, for being named East Aiken School of the Arts' Classified Employee of the Year for 2016-17. We are so proud of you and appreciate all you do!
East Aiken School of the Arts
An Arts in Basic Curriculum Project Site
East Aiken School of the Arts
South Carolina Arts Commission
Distinguished Arts Program (DAP) Grant Recipient