On behalf of the East Aiken School of the Arts faculty, staff, and administration, it is my pleasure to welcome you to East Aiken School of the Arts!† At East Aiken School of the Arts, we are committed to our purpose of Accommodating differences, Revealing a passion for learning, Teaching appreciation, and Stimulating creativity (A.R.T.S.)!† We believe the arts are an integral part of the academic curriculum; the arts benefit students of all learning styles and abilities; and all students are entitled to a comprehensive and sequential arts education program.† Students learn life skills that enable them to become more creative and productive citizens through the arts.† We welcome parent participation and support during the school year and look forward to working with you to ensure success for all our students.† We trust that your experience at East Aiken School of the Arts will be a rewarding and successful one as we continue to Strive for Academic Excellence through the Arts!
Lisa Fallaw, Principal
Christin Sosa, Assistant Principal
Kindergarten Registration for the 2016-2017 School Year
5K registration will be held on April 19 & 20 from 8:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
Child must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2016.
The following documents are required to register your child and must be brought with you on registration day:
1) 2 proofs of Residence Documents (utility bill, cable bill,etc.).† A driverís license is not accepted as proof of residency.
2) Birth Certificate (official copy)
3) SC Immunization Form
East Aiken School of the Arts Magnet Transfer Applications
Applications for the 2016-2017 school year for grades 5K through 5th are now being accepted.† Applications may be picked up at Brookhaven or in the front office at East Aiken School of the Arts.† The deadline for submitting an application is May 15th. †Acceptance will be based on a first come first serve basis and as space is available.
- May 20th: Kindergarten End of the Year Program at 1:00 p.m.
- †May 23rd: 4K End of the Year Program at 1:00 p.m.
- †May 24th: Field Day 5K-2nd grades
- †May 25th: Field Day 3rd-5th grades
- †May 30th: No School-Memorial Day
- †May 31st: Half-Day Students Dismiss at 11:00 a.m.
- †††† 1st grade Awards Day 8:15 a.m.
- ††† 2nd grade Awards Day 9:30 a.m.
- June 1st: Half-Day Students Dismiss at 11:00 a.m.
- †††† 3rd grade Awards Day 8:00 a.m
- ††† 4th grade Awards Day 9:30 a.m.
- †June 2nd: Last Day of School Students Dismiss at 11:00 a.m.
- ††††††††††††††† ††5th grade Awards Day 8:30 a.m.
Congratulations to Jessica Cutler, 5th grade science and social studies teacher, for being named East Aiken School of the Artsí First Year Teacher of the Year.† We are so proud of you!†
PTO meetings will be held the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 3:00 p.m. in the Media Center.† Childcare will be provided.† Please join us on the following dates:
2015-2016 PTO Officers
President: Allison Tejeda
Vice President: Tina Atkinson
Co-Treasurers: Jessica Overstreet & Mike Rozovich
Secretary: Andrea Jenkins
|Meal||Full Pay||Reduced Pay||Adult Meal|
East Aiken School of the Arts
An Arts in Basic Curriculum Project Site
East Aiken School of the Arts
South Carolina Arts Commission
Distinguished Arts Program (DAP) Grant Recipient